So you’re planning to vote in November, here is a checklist to make sure you’re all set for election day!
If you are registering to vote or checking your voter registration status online you will need to input personal information. It is ok to put your social security number and ID number when prompted as long as you are on the official website and your connection is secure. There should be a little lock to the left of the URL.
Register to vote!
- Deadline for online registration is Monday, October 19, 2020.
- Deadline for registration via mail is Monday, October 19, 2020. Make sure your registration is postmarked by this day.
- *Note: this is registering via mail and not voting by mail. Two different things!
- If you’d rather register in person, you can go here to find out where your local election office is.
- If you’re in Humboldt County visit this website for more information.
- Check your voter status!
- You can go to this website https://registertovote.ca.gov/ to check your voter registration status.
- Election Day is Tuesday, November 3, 2020.
- Vote by mail
- Make sure you mail your ballot in as soon as you can, USPS has advised voters to mail their vote in at least a week prior to the deadline.
- You can also request a vote by mail ballot and drop it off at your polling location!
- You can find your polling place here.
- If you plan to vote in person, you can also find your poll place here.
- Vote by mail
- Missed a deadline?
- In California, you can register to vote on Election Day. This is conditional voter registration and once your information gets confirmed, your vote goes through.