The Associated Students (A.S.) and Office of Student Life will be holding the A.S. candidate debates on Thursday, April 14, from 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. The candidates who will be running in the spring 2022 election will be giving a presentation or debate against their opponents. The event can be attended in person at Nelson Hall East 106 or on Zoom.
The qualifications to run for a position in A.S., according to the A.S. website, are:
- Be matriculated (regularly enrolled in a degree-seeking program) at Humboldt
- Maintain a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) each term of a 2.0 term grade point average (GPA)
- Be in good standing
- Not be on academic, disciplinary, or administrative probation of any kind
The A.S positions and students who are going to be on the spring 2022 ballot, according to Molly Kresl, student life coordinator at OSL, are:
- A.S. President: Juan Giovanni Guerrero and Chase Marcum
- Legislative Vice President: Thomas Gray
- Student Affairs Vice President: Tashenea Burns-Young
- Administrative Vice President: Sawyer Chrisman
- At-Large Representative: Gerardo Hernandez and Sebastian Taylor
- Social Justice and Equity Officer: Payton Belle
- Environmental Sustainability Officer: Mark Bulgara
Kresl said students will be able to ask questions during the debate. For more information and the Zoom link go to http://sles.humboldt.edu/links.
Check out the latest edition of The Lumberjack for more information on AS candidates who will be on the ballots.
*Editor’s disclosure: Gerardo Hernandez is a reporter for El Leñador. El Leñador doesn’t endorse any candidate running for on-campus or local office.