For students who are returning to campus confused about what to do in regard to COVID-19 protocols, Humboldt State University sent emails Jan. 13 and 14 with some guidance on quarantine, testing and what to do if you test positive for COVID-19 or if you were exposed to someone with COVID-19.
Will the semester start with face-to-face classes?
“There are no changes to spring instruction and most courses will be in-person at the start of classes on Tuesday, Jan. 18,” said Grant Scott-Goforth, communications specialist with Marketing and Communications, in an email Friday, Jan. 14. “Students should check their student portal to see what their class modality is.”
Students, faculty and staff should isolate/quarantine:
“People will be asked not to come to campus under certain conditions and to quarantine or isolate themselves in their home or campus residence, including:
- Having tested positive for COVID-19
- Developed symptoms of a COVID-19 infection
- Are awaiting COVID-19 test results
- Have had close contact with someone known to be diagnosed with COVID-19
- Have recently returned from travel anywhere outside of Humboldt County.”
(source Jan. 13 email.)
If you test positive:
- Quarantine according to the Table #1 below (source: Jan. 13 email)
- “Anyone who tests positive should inform the University immediately. Students should notify Student Health & Wellbeing Services (email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 707.826.3146) and employees should notify their supervisor AND Human Resources (email email@example.com).” (source: Jan. 14 email.)
- Students need to notify their instructors. (source: Jan. 14 email.)
Table #1 is from HSU Jan. 13 email.
If you are exposed to someone with COVID-19 and have current vaccine protection:
Follow instructions on Table #2
Table #2 is from HSU Jan. 13 email.
If you are exposed to someone with COVID-19 and are unvaccinated or booster eligible but have not received it yet:
Follow instructions in Table #3 below:
Table #3 is from HSU Jan. 13 email.
Where to get tested on campus:
“Free COVID-19 testing is available to HSU staff, faculty, and students at the Banquet Room of the Student Activities Center (first floor). Students and employees may walk-in for testing during open hours: Mondays and Thursdays, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Tuesdays, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Wednesdays, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.; and Fridays, 7 a.m. – 4 p.m.” (source: Jan. 14 email.)