El Leñador, the award-winning student bilingual newspaper at Cal Poly Humboldt, is celebrating its 10-year anniversary this April.
RSVP here please. It helps us plan.
Public Reception Celebration
Thursday, April 13 from 4 – 6:30 p.m.
Location: Great Hall at Cal Poly Humboldt
(above the Market Place at the intersection of Harp & Rossow Streets)
Students, faculty and community members are invited to attend. We’ll recognize the newspaper’s and students’ contributions to the campus and community. Food provided.
– – – – –
Alumni Workshops for Students
Friday, April 14 from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Location: Nelson Hall East 102
Alumni will talk about working in media as well as how to navigate a professional career after graduating from college.
Confirmed alumni speakers include:
- Hector Arzate, reporter and radio journalist with public radio WAMU in Washington D.C.
- Iridian Casarez, alumni & donor relations with Cal Poly Humboldt
- Mario Cortez, food reporter San Francisco Chronicle
- Vanessa Flores, video journalist and graduate student at UC Berkeley
- Kevynn Gomez, PR digital campaigns manager for Pacific Environment
- Manuel Orbegozo, international freelance photojournalist
- Estee Trevizo, freelance copywriter
9 – 9:30 a.m.: Continental Breakfast & Networking
9:30 a.m.: Welcome & Intro Latinx Alumni in Media
10:00 – 10:50 a.m.: Breakouts
News: Hector Arzate, Vanessa Flores, Mario Cortez, Manny Orbegozo
Public Relations: Iridian Casarez, Kevynn Gomez, Estee Trevizo
11:00 – 11:50 a.m.: Breakouts
Freelancing: Manny Orbegozo, Mario Cortez, Estee Trevizo, Hector Arzate,
Grad School: Vanessa Flores
Noon – 1 p.m.: Alumni Real Talk: How to Get Your Foot in the Door (panel all speakers)
Updated 4/12/23. Return to this page for updated information.